Friday, December 12, 2014

California to France to Kansas City

Ahhhhh. Feels good to be back in the good old US of A.  Not gonna lie.

3 years ago I was still living in Alameda California which was nice but Living in France was comparatively cheap.



Kansas City Missouri is great. I'm glad I did my research and that this was my first choice. I think I made a good decision. The lifestyle is a bit slower then the Bay Area California but I like it here. I have noticed that a lot of the people here have a bit of what I would call a southern accent but its slight compared to say Texas or something(I think, Iv never been to Texas).

Iv had a few people say I have an accent after I tell them I'm from California and it doesn't bother me to hear that. After living with French people staring at me like I'm an alien from planet Mars its nothing. I don't know what it sounds like to people from here because to me its normal. I had one guy tell me that people in Kansas City sound normal and have NO accent and I had to remind him that EVERYONE has an accent and that people from England think that ALL Americans have accents. Its just a matter of perspective.

The people here are polite in general.   But  Iv only been here less then a month and already met a few people who appear to honestly care. This is something I really appreciate. Its always refreshing to know that other people do care and they don't need years of reciprocation to give a little bit. Its not that I didn't find nice people in California. Its just that Iv been gone for 2 years and Iv found friends generally forget and move on with their lives. This is probably pretty normal anywhere.

Iv found decent jobs and cost living is easily less the half what it was in California. People are surprised to hear that I picked Kansas City out of the entire thousands of cities in the USA to chose from.The only negative here is the weather.


Post a Comment